13 Superb Hacks for the Perfect Manicure
Millions of women put a lot of time, care and attention into their nails. But going to the salon every other week is getting more and more expensive. Moreover, often we just don’t have the time for setting up weekly or bi-weekly manicure appointments.
13. Half-moon manicure
Use paper hole reinforcers to create perfect half-moon nail art.
12. Lace nails
You can create beautiful lace nails at home by using lace bought at the fabric store. Just cut your lace into the pattern you want to fit over your nails and apply it while the polish is still wet.
11. A polka dot manicure
Use the rounded end of an ordinary bobby pin to get perfect dots on your nails in no time.
10. Textured nails
You can easily create a beautiful ’marble’ nail effect by using an ordinary plastic bag. Just crumple it up and press it on your nails while the top coat is still wet.
9. Basic French manicure
To give your nails a professional French manicure look, take a rubber band and wrap it around your nail, leaving the tip of the nail exposed.
8. Quick and easy Ombre nails
Using a makeup sponge is the easiest way to get great ombre nails at home.
7. Making a matte nail varnish
Adding a light-colored broken eyeshadow or a white, loose finishing powder to a transparent polish will allow you to make an excellent matte nail polish.
6. Cleaning and reinforcing nails with toothpaste
Toothpaste applied to your nails for a few minutes can reinforce them — calcium contained in it is good not only for your teeth. It will also make the growing parts of your nails look a brighter white.
5. Drying nail polish faster
In order not to waste precious time waiting for your polish to dry, submerge your nails in some icy water.
4. Fixing a broken nail
Fix a broken nail using a paper towel. Grab a tiny piece of paper towel, press it on to your nail and apply some transparent polish over it.
3. Removing nail polish with ease
Put two kitchen sponges into a baby food jar, leaving a hole in the center. Then pour nail polish remover into the jar and insert your finger into the center of the rolled sponges. Rub until all the polish is gone. This method is also great for removing glitter polish.
2. Getting rid of nail polish stains
Toothpaste can be used to remove polish stains from your nails while giving them a healthy-looking shine.
1. Apply white glue to correct painting mistakes
Apply white glue to the skin around your nails, but don’t cover your nail plates. Paint your nails with the nail polish as you usually do. Peel off the glue once you finished, the excess nail polish will remain on the dried glue.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)