Those who cook often know that sometimes being in the kitchen is a true hell: oil splatters, meat burns, and the eggs you just bought have turned bad.
We at Bright Side love overcoming challenges. This is why we’ve collected the 14 most useful culinary hacks that will save your time and nerves and boost your skills.
14. If you’re frying burger patties, make a dip in the center. This will reduce the cooking time.
13. To cut a perfect piece of cake, put a knife under hot water. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the blade.
12. Stick an atomizer into a lemon to make a lemon juice spray.
11. Define the portion size with your hand.
10. To prevent the knife from slipping, attach some elastic bands to the handle.
9. The thinner the lemon peel, the more sour it is.
8. To perfectly fry a sausage both inside and outside, make small cuts on it.
7. To check if an egg is fresh, pay attention to the ring around the yolk.
6. A cut cake won’t become stale if you attach slices of bread to the cut edges with toothpicks.
5. How much time does it take to boil an egg?
4. It’s better to store greens wrapped in foil — they’ll stay fresh much longer.
3. To cook the perfect bacon, put it on a piece of foil. Heat the oven to 204°C / 400°F, and bake for 12 minutes.
2. To reheat pizza as if it was just cooked, spray it with water before putting it in the oven.
1. Cut steak along the grain. This won’t let it break, and you’ll get perfect slices.
Bonus: To dip a whole cookie in milk and not get your fingers dirty, use a fork.